Not only are certain items required to be serviced annually by authorities to meet statutory requirements and property owner’s duty of care responsibilities, in some cases there are significant benefits in having items serviced on a regular scheduled basis.
Our Wollongong plumbers are certified and qualified to provide these maintenance services!
Preventative maintenance services and testing including:
- cleaning of roof, box and fascia gutters;
- cleaning of storm water pits, channel and surface drains, including the use of confined space equipment and vacuum waste removal;
- cleaning, removal and disposal of stormwater, sewer, grease and trade waste products from holding and storage tanks;
- pump maintenance, including sewer and stormwater pump maintenance, and undersink pump out units;
- annual thermostatic mixing valves commissioning/maintenance and certification;
- annual backflow prevention device testing and certification;
- boiling/chilled water units and filter replacements;
- hot water system units and tempering valve checks;
- automatic urinal flushing units, including waterless systems;
- complete tap, toilet and urinal maintenance at pre-determined intervals; and
- septic tank, cleaning of water storage tanks, oil and grease separators.
What Are the Benefits of Preventative Maintenance?
- supporting facility managers in achieving budget stability;
- reduction in breakdown costs by identifying defects and planning rectification works;
- ability to programme works to minimise disruption to buildings/assets and user groups;
- assisting with providing additional familiarity of the site and the location of services, isolation valves etc.;
- prevention of unforeseen problems by items failing i.e. blocked pits causing flooding etc.; and
- reduction of water consumption by identifying and rectifying leaking taps and cisterns.